Saturday, December 03, 2005

Tis the season......

FOR CHRISTMAS BAKING!!!

Since it became December 1st this past week, I held Micah to a very big promise that he made me about a month ago. Yes…we got to watch ELF this weekend!!!

Weiwei came over for another eventful Friday as Micah and I tried our best to educate him on all the traditions of Christmas…what better way to do this then by watching Elf. After a delicious supper, a trip to the CRAZY store of Wal-mart and Chinese lessons we were snuggled up on the couch with a big bowl of popcorn and a warm cup of hot chocolate ready to watch our favorite Christmas classic.


Saturday morning it was up bright and early for us to enjoy a wonderful breakfast made by our friend Paul. In the afternoon Micah and I dug out all of our Christmas decorations (ok so there was like 5 things) and put them up around our apartment. We did however buy some pretty white Christmas lights that we strung up around our living room window. It looks pretty nice from the outside and makes the inside of the house have a warm cozy glow at night. A little later in the afternoon we had a visit from Dave and Rhonda, they were coming to spend the evening with us! They brought us the rest of the furniture that we had for our apartment and lots of ingredients to do Christmas cooking!!! We made lots of Christmas goodies marshmallow squares, noodle doodles and of course Christmas sugar cookies.


These however were not just your average Christmas sugar cookies these cookies were each decorated with creativity and care! After frosting almost 5 dozen cookies we decided it was time to play a friendly game of blitz before Dave and Rhonda had to go and greet a guest at the airport.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awsome guys! I can't believe that you hadn't seen elf yet that is an awsome movie!

Adam O said...

Christmas cookies? Mmmmm... I wish I had some right now. I am excited to see you folks over the holidays, perhaps sample some of Katie's baking???
Also, my mom and I are coming up to Moncton on Friday to shop. Maybe I could come say hello to you guys, or at least Katie cause Micah is probably working.
Anyway, drop me a line on my blog.

lovesick vagrant said...

mmmmm cookies

Anonymous said...

Hey, maybe I'll finally get the bug to make Christmas goodies too! There's a bake sale coming up at the office soon...you've inspired me!
And Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Do I get to see Elf this year? I'm sorry I missed out last year somehow...