Monday, August 29, 2005

Honey Moon Adventures Day 2

We woke up super early this morning because we needed to be at the air port @ 6 AM. The wake up call, called at 5:15, and 5:17 the ring was very loud and scary. Neither of us at any clue what was going on. After getting ready we headed for the front desk. As I called a cab Micah asked the girl at the front desk if it was possible to get some breakfast to take with us. The lady was very nice she gave us bagels, apples, croissants, milk and yogurt. WE pack it all up and headed to the air port.

We boarded the plan and this young guy sat with us. Micah became friends with him; he was heading to Toronto to meet up with his twin brother. He was having an operation and happened to be a believer so we had a chance to pray with him before we got off the plan.

In Toronto we switched planes and had to wait about ½ hour. We ran into Terri Breen who was on her way back to NB after visiting her father.

We boarded the plan for Calgary to find we had the same seats as before. Only this time there was a young girl seating with us. So I sat beside her and we learned that she was from Germany. I used my German speaking skills that my friend Helena taught me!! After taken a nap, Micah and decided to have some lunch (our cold pizza). We happen to have 3 pieces left over so we offered the 3rd piece to our friend. She was very hungry and took it so we shared our packed lunch of pizza and apples with her. She was listening to music and when Micah asked what she was listening to and it happened to be Christian stuff. She and Micah had a long talk about singing in church. Come to find out she was a Christian who had done Kings Kid Ministry in Germany. We had a great time with her talking about our families and backgrounds.

When we landed, we thought one of kais bags was lost because it wasn’t on the round about thinger, just before we were about to panic, Katie said to check the “oversized” baggage window, and it was there, along with other fragile things because her zipper broke. Rhett found us easily and we were off to Bentley. Katie slept and I talk to Rhrett for a good hour and half. Then we went to Deja’s old house and saw Cody and met Michelle and her kids. They were very kind! They gave us there neon car to use, and offered us food and a cell phone just in case. Then we were off to the Bentley grocery store to load up. One the way we say two people cross the street on Unicycles!!!! We’re not sure what to think of Bentley (ha-ha). We got everything we needed for $110.00. NOT BAD! We got some sweet sales like chicken and cheese. After that we gassed up and headed to our cabin in Nordegg. After passing the first round of large hills, we found our cabin. The people were so nice. It is only $100 a night and it is absolutely perfect!!! It was a little cold, so I made a fire and Katie started a soup supper (which was amazing!), we unpacked and got settled into our little home.

No comments: